Did you find this page helpful?
Helpline 0800 650 659 continence nz

Advanced Continence Education



The University of Otago's postgraduate certificate will extend your knowledge of complex continence problems and support you in providing better, confident, and autonomous evidence-based care to your patients. Teaching offers flexibility with online delivery and two three-day block courses based at our Christchurch campus. The two 30-point papers run sequentially in semesters one and two.  

Contact our Coordinator Student Experience: postgrad.uoc@otago.ac.nz

Or visit: otago.ac.nz/courses/subjects/ctmg


·      Melbourne University

o   Post Graduate Certificate in Physiotherapy (Pelvic Floor)

o   For physiotherapists only

o   This course is residential for 4 wks in February and then 5 months of assignments and ongoing computer contact with Melbourne. Intensive course and time consuming for duration of course. Course cost for NZ residents is same as for Aussie residents, not international student costs. Excellent course if you can afford costs and time.  http://www.physioth.unimelb.edu.au/programs/pgrad/progs/coursework/pgc/cont.html


·      Curtin University (Perth)

o   Post Graduate Programs (Diploma or Masters) in Clinical Physiotherapy (Continence and Women's Health Major)

o   Can do Masters fulltime in a year, most people spread it out over a few years.

o   NZer’s pay same rates as Australian citizens

o   For physiotherapists only.

o   http://physiotherapy.curtin.edu.au/home/