View our range of continence products >>
Continence Information - Children
Click on the desired topic to find out more.
- KEEA - Kiwi Enuresis and Encopresis Association
- Enuresis - Daytime wetting
- Bedwetting - Nocturnal Enuresis
- Faecal Incontinence (Soiling)
- Information for Teachers: Children who wet and soil
- Toilet Training for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders, and Learning Disabilities
- Enuresis and Encopresis Links
- Useful Charts
- Good bladder/bowel habits in children
This booklet and set of tip sheets is a must for parents of a child with special needs. It guides parents through the process of developing toileting skills and toilet training. The booklet describes a 5 step process that moves the child towards using the toilet independantly.
Step 1 Setting the scene
Step 2 Developig the skills needed
Step 3 Raising awareness
Step 4 Using the toilet for wee and poo
Step 5 Night time control
13 tip sheets discuss the common issues of toilet training such as Won't sit to poo, Not moving forward maybe moving backwards and Sitting for wee but nothing happens.